Post: #0 Day: #1
This is our first blog posts. I have never written a blog, and I’m excited to keep myself accountable and seeing our growth looking in the near and distant future. I envision writing twice a week for a year and see the kind of reception it gets. Please if you would like any information, would like to share something, or would like to talk business, please comment and/or reach out via email, direct message on Instagram or anything that works for you.
A little about me, I am a 28 almost 29 man child living in Montgomery County, Maryland. I had this vision for dmv365 for several years now, and one day while traveling decided F it bro, just do it. It was something on the back of my mind for years but it was just an idea. On January 6, 2019 made the Instagram Page @dmv.365.
The gameplan was simple:
- Pick a niche (that you enjoy). This should be your first step. For this we picked the travel and tourism scene for the DMV because we enjoy traveling, adventuring, and exploring our city and places to eat. (CHECK Mark)
- Start Social Media Profile – YEAR 1 – Build a following on social media. We decided instead of putting forth our effort on a bunch of social media sites, we would pick IG and branch out to TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc once we learned the ropes
- Focus on Service Not Money – YEAR 2 – Focus on service NOT money. This means RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. There’s a lot to know, and even if you think you know it, there’s more to learn. This is also the costliest time and money investment you will likely ever make. Lots of people give up on step 2, but the real grind begins in year 2 and beyond.
- Re-Invest All Profits – YEAR 3 – If you’re at a stage you can sell your service/product, sell and REINVEST all profits. I cannot tell you how many stories there are of people, celebrities, actors, athletes, people with stupid money only to end up on the street begging or yesterdays paper. In my opinion financial literacy and understanding how money and the economy works is the SINGLE most important skill you should have if you want to be successful in life. Pay yourself, by reinvesting all profits back into the business and/or making investments in stocks, real estate, cryptocurrencies with the profits.
- Intense Growth – Year 4 & 5 – This is where we reinvent ourselves. Maybe an updated logo, alternate logo, slogan if you don’t have one. Upgrade your website, focus on content, whatever it is keep working and grinding like you starving Moe. This is the year of INTENSE GROWTH.
- Accelerate Revenue – Year 6 – This is where you finally feel like “Mama I Made it!” No bro its the 3rd quarter, however you will feel “rich” Don’t let lifestyle creep undone your last half decade of work. Let me tell you something, ACT BROKE. No matter how much $$ you make, ACT FOOKING BROKE. Put yourself on a strict budget, reinvest profits, live below your means, and wake up each & every single day like you gotta scramble to pay your bills and put food on the table. I love Jordans and cars, but those don’t pay bills. Learn to save and invest.
- 1+ million dollars homie
- BONUS: Don’t be afraid to try new things, learn something new, ask questions and hire those smarter than you to assist you in a new field, subject, topic, technology.
We are currently in Step 3 – Year 2, and I’m getting antsy. Covid happened, and a lot changed. No more exploring, no more eating at restaurants (ass a fatty this was the hardest lol), had to quit my job, my internship ended, couldn’t see friends, etc…..
Breaking the wall here, but I’m at a crossroad in my life where I want to find my wife/want to follow my goals/want to be financially independent. Easier said than done of course. 2020 was real tough and 2021 hasn’t been a walk in the park either. But that doesn’t mean you quit or let it deter you from your plans and life ambition. Never give up, and no matter how shitty you are doing in life, be thankful and grateful you are healthy, alive, with a roof over your head and have clean water and food to eat.
ACT BROKE. No matter how much $$ you make, ACT FOOKING BROKE.”
To close this intro blog post I will end with a take home message and a little about who we are and what we represent.
Live life with no regrets. Works fast, break things, take risks, travel, question everything, enjoy the moments and live like it could all end tomorrow. Thats the tale of how DMV365 was made, how we started on IG, how we FINALLY got started with the website and how in 5 to 10 years from now we will reflect on this moment being one of the stepping stones and pivots on how DMV365 became THE BEST travel page guide for the Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia metropolitan area.
Every post will conclude with 3 quick facts/message that we find interesting. They will include quotes, motivational/inspirational words, fun facts, exercise/health fitness tips to try out, an activity to do, the price of Bitcoin/status of the markets etc.
Closing Message: Monday – 17:59 – April 5, 2021
Price of Bitcoin: $58,630 source: coingecko
Exercise: This month I started talking walks after meals. 15 min 2-3 times a day would make 45 mins of walking after every meal.
Ending Quote: ‘Just Do It’